Experience, discover, and celebrate Rhode Island’s arts community!
Choose from 35 events around the state during DESIGN WEEK RI, the annual showcase and celebration of design in Rhode Island. This multi-day event highlights our state’s vast and unique design assets by hosting design-related activities such as speakers, tours, lunches, panel conversations, parties, awards and more. Whether you’re a student, business owner, entrepreneur, or a general member of the public, you’ll find opportunities to engage with other creatives and learn about the economic impact of design practices across the state.
Click on the links below to learn more about the programs planned in and around downtown Providence. For the full schedule, visit the DESIGN WEEK RI site.
- Business Innovation Factory Summit: Trinity Rep, September 13-14.
- Nurturing the Public Art Ecosystem: Discussion about public art at Nico Bella’s, September 13.
- Drink + Ink: AS220 Community Printshop, September 13.
- Solving the Housing Crisis: Where Does Design Fit In? Discussion at Union Studio Architects, September 14.
- Type X Design Block Party: 46 Aborn Street, September 15.
- Keynote Speaker: Ashleigh Axios–Still Hopey, Changey: RISD Metcalf Auditorium, September 18.
- Open Studio/Meet & Greet at TL Studio: 269 South Main Street, September 19.
- A RISD Redesign: OOMPH & RISD Museum create a new digital experience: 72 Clifford Street, September 20.
- Food & Design at RISD Food Lab: RISD Campus, September 20.
- 2018 RI Design Hall of Fame Party: The Foundry, September 20.
- Growing Your Design Business: Knead Doughnuts, 32 Custom House Street, September 21.
- Ocean State Oyster Festival: South Water Street, September 22.
- WaterFire Providence: Downtown riverwalk, September 22.
DESIGN WEEK RI is presented by Design X RI, an organization that works to create an opportunity-driven environment for the RI design sector to thrive.