With Winter Storm Grayson bearing down on the East Coast, it’s important to stay up to date on local impacts on downtown Providence:
- The city has issued an on-street parking ban starting at 10 AM on Thursday, January 4th to assist with snow removal. For a listing of indoor parking garages, visit parkdowntownprovidence.com.
- The Providence Emergency Management Agency recommends calling 3-1-1 or downloading the city’s PVD311 app to report any non-emergency issues. For emergencies, dial 9-1-1.
- To report a power outage, call National Grid at 1-800-322-3223.
- Public schools and rec centers across the city are closed on Thursday and Friday.
- All RIPTA service is suspended after 2 PM on Thursday. Check RIPTA’s service alerts for updates.
- Amtrak service will operate on a modified schedule on Thursday.
- MBTA commuter rail is operating on a reduced schedule.
- DID ambassadors will assist with snow removal on curb cuts. After the storm ends, property owners are responsible for clearing the sidewalks to ensure pedestrian safety.
- Before venturing out, check to see whether businesses are open. Closures include city and state offices, Providence Place, the Providence Public Library, the Trinity Rep and PPAC box offices, etc.
Stay safe, warm, and dry!