See Providence unlocked! On Saturday, September 23rd, from 10 AM to 6 PM, gain free access to more than 20 great places around Providence, including 10 in the downtown area alone. The Doors Open Rhode Island Festival is part of a worldwide movement of citywide Doors Open and Open House events that connect the public to their communities. No tickets or reservations are needed! Simply pick up an event guide in the September issue of Providence Monthly or at participating sites during the event, or download a PDF, and plan your day!
Check out these participating locations within Downtown Providence. (Note that open access times for individual sites vary, and sites that are handicap accessible are noted with an icon on the website).
- Arcade Providence: 130 Westminster Street, 10 AM to 3 PM
- Beneficent Congregational Church: 300 Weybosset Street, 10 AM to 4 PM
- Cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul: 30 Fenner Street, 10 AM to 4 PM
- NAIL Communications: 63 Eddy Street, 10 AM to 6 PM
- Pavilion at Grace Church: 300 Westminster Street, 10 AM to 5 PM
- Providence Public Library: 225 Washington Street, 9:30 AM to 2 PM
- Providence City Hall: 25 Dorrance Street, 10 AM to 6 PM
- Rhode Island Foundation: 1 Union Station, 12 PM to 6 PM
- Rhode Island Public Radio: 1 Union Station, 12 PM to 6 PM
- Rhode Island State House: 82 Smith Street, 10 AM to 6 PM
Explore the festival sites by walking, riding your bike, or taking a RIPTA bus for free! Pick up a Doors Open RI/RIPTA button at a participating site, and show it to your driver when you board the bus. Free parking will also be available in the lots surrounding the State House and other Capitol Hill buildings.
Extend your time downtown by strolling through a full WaterFire lighting after the festival, starting at dusk!