Plan ahead to make the most of your PVDFest experience! For the third year, Mayor Jorge O. Elorza, the City of Providence’s Department of Art, Culture + Tourism and founding creative partner FirstWorks will host Providence’s signature art festival from June 1st through the 4th. The city’s world-renowned art, culture and culinary community join forces with artists from across the country and globe to deliver a once in a lifetime experience filled with live music, dance, food, and visual art installations. Download the full schedule or search the website for events by date or filter for artists by date and/or venue.
The 4-day festival kicks off with Making a Lively Experiment: A PVDFest Ideas Conference at Aurora, starting at 8:30 AM on Thursday, June 1st. That night, get tickets for the PVDFest Community Table, a 320 foot long table for 300 people on Washington Street in the heart of Kennedy Plaza.
The fun continues on Friday, June 2nd at 5 PM with multiple events including a screening of Ivy League Rumba at Aurora, a Quarter Moon Market & Super Soul Dance Party at the Dean Hotel, and a Shabbat celebration curated by the Jewish Alliance of RI in Biltmore Park. Later on, Salsa y Gaitas and PALO! will perform on the ALEX AND ANI City Center Stage.
On Saturday, June 3rd, downtown Providence will truly be transformed! Download and print a copy of the map for more details. Highlights include:
- The PVDFest Marketplace curated by Craftland, noon-8 PM on Westminster Street
- The Arcade VIntage & Artisan Stroll from 11 AM to 6 PM
- An eclectic mix of bands, performance artists, kids programming and films on Grants Block from noon-10 PM
- The RI Mini Maker Faire, presented by JWU at 110 Washington Street, starting at 2 PM
- Performances on Washington Street from noon-8 PM
- Family fun at Burnside Park from 12:30-6 PM, including an open drum circle with Sidy Maiga and the Girls Rock! RI instrument petting zoo
- Local and national headliners on the FirstWorks Plaza Stage: Eastern Medicine Singers (3:30 PM), BIG NAZO Intergalactic Creature Dance Party (4:30 PM), Las Cafeteras (6:30 PM), International Rebels with Chachi Carvalho and Sidy Maiga (8:30 PM), and Bettye LaVette (10:30 PM).
- An international dance party at the ALEX AND ANI City Center Stage, starting at 3:30 PM.
- The procession along Washington Street from Empire Street to Kennedy Plaza at 4 PM.
- The world premiere of the #PVDPublicCanvas aerial performance by BANDALOOP, with music and spoken word by Christopher Johnson at 8 and 10 PM.
Several downtown streets will be closed on Saturday, so please plan to walk, bike, take the bus, or park outside the festival footprint. Note that RIPTA will reroute all of its Kennedy Plaza bus stops to Empire Street that day. Find details here and a graphic on Facebook.
The festival wraps up on Sunday, June 4th, outside downtown at the Dexter Park Training Grounds, starting at 1 PM. Find more info about the programming at pvdfest.com!