Twelve walks are already planned in Providence throughout the weekend, starting from different locations at staggered times.
Unlike typical guided tours, these FREE citizen-led walks encourage community conversations to get people thinking, talking, and connecting with each other. Anyone can participate! Wear comfortable shoes, meet your tour leader in the designated meeting spot, and get ready for a lively discussion!
Downtown offerings on Saturday, May 7th include:
- 10 AM: Sacred Spaces of Downtown Providence (led by Christina Bertoni and Lee Andrews): The Arcade, 130 Westminster Street
- 1 PM: Providence’s Waterfront: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (led by David Brussat): Crawford Street Bridge.
Other tours around the city include:
Friday, May 6th: College Hill and the International Slave Trade
Saturday, May 7th:
- Jane’s Bike Tour of Providence’s Most Endangered Properties
- The Queen Anne Style in Elmwood
- Knight Memorial Library
- Welcome to Wayland Square
- College Hill & the International Slave Trade
- Urban Design in the West End
Sunday, May 8th:
- Support Safe Bike Routes for Kids!
- Meeting Street: the heart of Providence’s second city center
Find more details about start times, meeting locations and points of interest at janeswalk.org.