Enjoy special discounts at more than 50 locally owned shops and restaurants from July 1-7! Part of the national Independents Week campaign, Indie Week encourages consumers to shop locally. Clustered primarily in Providence–including 15 businesses within the downtown core–the participants range from boutiques and florists to bakeries and jewelers. Downtown specials include:
- Avery Pianos: Up to 50% off MSRP on select pianos.
- Bolt Coffee: Receive one free beverage of your choice with the purchase of a canvas Bolt Coffee Co PVD, RI tote bag ($10).
- Carmen & Ginger: 30% off All Men’s and Women’s Footwear! Includes summer footwear and all Cowboy Boots.
- Cellar Stories: 15% off any purchase of 2 or more books.
- Cilantro: 20% off your purchase.
- Downcity Outfitters: 25% off on everything excluding clearance items.
- environs STYLISH GIFTS: 20% OFF select scarves/dish towels/sarongs, Beekman 1802 sauces/jams/drizzles, select mustards/honey/simple syrups, and gardening kits.
- Flaunt Boutique: $10 off any purchase of $50 or more $20 off any purchase of $100 or more.
- Homestyle: 20% off one regular priced item.
- Lore Collection: 20% off of one item of your choosing, exclusions apply.
- Ocean State Sandwich Co.: 10% off your bill.
- Queen of Hearts & Modern Love: 20% off any dress of your choice.
- Rebel Lounge & Restaurant: Free appetizer with the purchase of a beverage.
- Rogue Island: 10% off Brunch and Lunch. (Brunch served Fri-Sun, Lunch served Tue-Sun). $1 Oysters “Buck A Shuck” the entire Indie Week period, all hours! Local company lunch special: Buy 3 lunch items, get 1 for free. Valid on all sandwiches, between 12-3PM.
- Symposium Books: 10% off your purchase.
- Trinity Brewhouse: 20% off all Brewhouse merchandise and 20% off growlers.
Conceived by the American Independent Business Alliance, Independents Week is modeled on the Small Business Saturday campaign that occurs each November. The local Indie Week campaign is coordinated by the Rhode Island Foundation through its Buy Local RI initiative.
To take advantage of the Indie Week discounts, shoppers must download a coupon from the Buy Local RI website that is good for specials at participating retailers and restaurants. Only locally owned Rhode Island businesses that list their companies on the Buy Local RI website are eligible to participate in the Indie Week campaign.
The Foundation took on the Buy Local RI campaign coming out of its Make It Happen RI economic development initiative, which brought together more than 300 business leaders to brainstorm ideas to create jobs and jumpstart the state’s economy. In addition to supporting Independents Week and Small Business Saturday, Buy Local RI gives consumers and businesses year-round access to a database they can use to search for products and services offered by locally owned companies. Like Buy Local RI on Facebook, and tag your posts with #indieweekri!