The Providence Downtown Improvement District’s (DID) Planting and Beautification Program is taking another step forward. After an award-winning start to beautifying the downtown core with hanging baskets, planting boxes and limited ground planting areas, we are now planning an expansion to key gateway locations.
The Gateway Enhancement Project will have a major impact, with landscaping architects adding flowers and greenery to some of the city’s most visible intersections. We have identified 6 focus areas, and we need your help to make them happen!
Please consider sponsoring the program. Below, you’ll find a list of planting areas along with their annual sponsorship amounts. You’ll also see average traffic counts at those locations. If you’re interested, email Frank LaTorre, DID Director of Public Space, or call (401) 421-4450. Gateway sponsor names and logos will be identified on signs at each location, as seen in this sample. You’ll promote your business while helping to beautify and identify the edges of the neighborhood.
Thank you for your consideration!
GATEWAY GARDENS SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- $4,000: Median strip on Dyer Street (adjacent to Cappricio). Traffic count: 24,000—28,000 vehicles per day
- $3,000: Parcel 12—corner of triangular parcel at the corner of Memorial Blvd. and Steeple Street. Traffic count: 24,000—28,000 vehicles per day
- $2,500: Corner of Atwells Avenue and Dave Gavitt Way. Traffic count: 11,000—15,000 vehicles per day
- $2,500: Corner of Broadway and Atwells Avenue. Traffic count: 11,000—15,000 vehicles per day
- $2,500: Corner of Broadway and Dave Gavitt Way. Traffic count: 11,000—15,000 vehicles per day
- $2,500: Corner of Pine Street and Dave Gavitt Way. Traffic count: 17,000—19,000 vehicles per day