We officially launched the Bring Your Company to Life joint marketing campaign today! Promoting downtown Providence as an ideal office location, it follows national trends that reveal younger employees’ preferences for dense, walkable urban environments, filled with amenities and transit options. Foundation Executive Director Dan Baudouin believes that “Providence has what they want, and is an accessible and affordable option.”
With a goal of increasing downtown’s Class B office occupancy, our campaign targets out-of-state entrepreneurial businesses. Our comprehensive strategy includes components such as:
- A fun, edgy new website, bringyourcompanytolife.com, that captures the innovative and progressive spirit of Providence as a mid-sized historic and accessible city known for its active creative sector;
- Comprehensive information on the Downtown Living & Working page on this site;
- Integration with other initiatives, such as greaterri.com, which is promoted by the RI Commerce Corporation, the Greater Providence Chamber of Commerce and the Economic Development Foundation of RI to nationwide site selectors;
- Maintaining an inventory of available spaces, including incubator spaces and ideal locations for start-ups and smaller entities;
- Freezing the commercial tax rate and developing a rapid permitting response – both advocated by the group and successfully enacted by the city;
- Nurturing an ambassador team of current downtown Providence-based business owners for prospects thinking about moving; and
- Reaching out to target groups including local alumni networks and convention participants about business opportunities in downtown Providence.
If you’re considering a move to Providence, visit bringyourcompanytolife.com for facts, figures, testimonials, resources and vivid imagery. The website, designed by Providence-based NAIL Communications, offers options to start a movement by sharing clever memes, bribe your boss by allowing us to take him out for lunch, and get in touch to contact us directly.
To learn more, watch a May 21st interview with NBC 10’s Alison Bologna about the campaign!