Whether you typically commute to work on foot, bicycle, bus, or by car, Bike to Work Day gives you an opportunity to change your routine. In honor of National Bike Month, local bike advocates are organizing a FREE celebration in Burnside Park from 7 to 9 AM on Friday, May 18th. You’ll find free food and coffee, info tables for local organizations, and special guests cheering you on! If you’re interested in riding with a group, join a bike train from your neighborhood.
At the end of the day, ride to Pawtucket for RI Bicycle Coalition’s Bike to Work Afterparty at Breaktime Bowl and Bar. Tickets are $20 for non-members and include bowling, appetizers, a cash bar, and a short speaking program.
Looking for other events in Providence throughout the month?
- May 11th: Bicycle Adventures Talks: 7 PM at Recycle-A-Bike
- May 12th: Cyclofemme Ride to Celebrate Women & Bicycles: Ride from Riverside Park to Wicked Tulip Farm at 10 AM
- May 17th: Commuter Bike Maintenance Class: 5:30 PM at Recycle-A-Bike
- May 17th: Ride of Silence: 6:45 PM at Recycle-A-Bike
- May 19th: Spring Bike Sale: 10 AM at Recycle-A-Bike
- May 19th: Spring Party: 5 PM at Recycle-A-Bike
- May 20th: Smart Cycling Basics: 9 AM at Woonasquatucket River Watershed Council
- May 23rd: Wrenching Wednesday: 6 PM at Recycle-A-Bike
Check the calendar for more details about these programs and others in communities across Rhode Island.