With March’s third nor’easter bearing down on the East Coast, it’s important to stay up to date on local impacts to Downtown Providence:
- The city has issued an on-street parking ban starting at 12:01 AM on Tuesday, March 13 to assist with snow removal. For a listing of indoor parking garages, visit parkdowntownprovidence.com.
- The Providence Emergency Management Agency recommends calling 3-1-1 or downloading the city’s PVD311 app to report any non-emergency issues. For emergencies, dial 9-1-1.
- To report a power outage, call National Grid at 1-800-322-3223.
- Public schools and rec centers across the city are closed on Tuesday.
- Amtrak service is temporarily suspended between Boston and New York on Tuesday morning.
- MBTA commuter rail is operating on a modified schedule and recommend allowing extra time for trips.
- DID ambassadors will assist with snow removal on curb cuts. After the storm ends, property owners are responsible for clearing the sidewalks to ensure pedestrian safety.
- Before venturing out, check to see whether businesses are open.
Stay safe, warm, and dry!