Give RIPTA your input on potential bus service changes during an open house on Monday, September 11th in the first floor conference room at 30 Exchange Terrace. Drop in any time from 4:30 to 6 PM!
Upcoming capital investments such as the Downtown Transit Connector (DTC) and Providence Intermodal Transportation Center (PITC) will create new opportunities to better serve passengers who live and work in the downtown area. RIPTA will consider:
- Offering more direct service to more locations, which will reduce the number of transfers needed by passengers.
- Reducing travel times in key areas.
- Becoming less reliant on Kennedy Plaza as a primary location for transit connections.
- Expanding more routes to the Providence train Station to provide more direct bus-rail connections.
- Making transit more user friendly to downtown residents and employees by creating a high frequency transit corridor from the train station to Rhode Island Hospital.
- Maximizing customer convenience at Kennedy Plaza to support the city’s vision to consolidate bus travel on Washington Street, making it a two-way, transit-only road.
Find more details about the meeting and RIPTA’s plans at ripta.com.