The energy level kicks up a notch in downtown Providence every fall, and this weekend is no exception. Fill your weekend with concerts, block parties, plays, and athletic events without leaving the neighborhood!
Friday, September 23rd
- Get tickets to see Grammy award winner Ziggy Marley at the Alex and Ani City Center, starting at 7 PM.
- See The Devil Makes Three at Lupo’s, 9 PM.
Saturday, September 24th
- Enjoy seasonal brews, German food and live Bavarian music during the two-day International Oktoberfest at the Alex and Ani City Center. Buy tickets for session 1 or session 2.
- Stop by the Downcity Design Block at Grant’s Block from 3-6 PM.
- Experience a full WaterFire lighting on the Providence River! Sunset is at 6:38 PM, and the lighting begins at 6:53 PM. Chinese Culture Night at WaterFire will include Chinese music, dance, cultural performances, and display tents.
Sunday, September 25th
- Register for The Color Run, starting at 9 AM in Station Park! (See the route map here).
- International Oktoberfest continues from 12-5 PM.
- The Game is at Lupo’s, 9 PM.
- Wicked is playing at PPAC through October 8th! This weekend, catch performances at 8 PM on Friday, September 23rd, at 2 PM and 8 PM on Saturday, September 24th, and at 1 PM and 6:30 PM on Sunday, September 25th.
- See Beowulf: A Thousand Years of Baggage, a rock-n-roll retelling of the famous story, directed by Curt Columbus at Trinity Rep. It runs through October 9th. This weekend, shows are at 7:30 PM on Friday, September 23rd, and at 2 PM and 7:30 PM on Saturday, September 24th and Sunday, September 25th.
- Shop at the Providence Flea in its new location! Open every Sunday, 10 AM to 4 PM, on the corner of Friendship and Chestnut streets.