Experience WaterFire–the spectacular lighting of braziers in the Providence River from Waterplace Park to Memorial Park. This season kicks off with a basin lighting on Saturday, May 21st followed by nine full lightings through November. Start times vary, with lightings beginning shortly after sunset and continuing until midnight.
You’ll discover WaterFire’s many surprises as you wander along the waterfront on foot. Visit the WaterFire Arts Festival Plaza on Washington Street with local artists selling their work. Find a variety of food vendors on Washington, College and Steeple streets, or have a leisurely dinner at any one of the special restaurants nearby. To find out more about local events and activities, pick up a guide at one of the guest greeter stations or the WaterFire Store on Canal Street.
- Saturday, May 21st (partial lighting): 8:05 PM
- Saturday, May 28th: 8:11 PM
- Saturday, June 18th: 8:24 PM
- Saturday, July 9th: 8:22 PM
- Saturday, July 23rd: 8:12 PM
- Saturday, August 6th (Hep C Hope: A WaterFire Lighting for RI Defeats Hep C): 7:59 PM
- Saturday, August 20th: 7:37 PM
- Saturday, September 24th: 6:38 PM
- Saturday, October 1st (Flames of Hope a Celebration of Life™): 6:26 PM
- Saturday, November 5th (WaterFire Salute to Veterans): 5:34 PM
* Schedule shows sunset times. Lightings begin about 20 minutes later.
For updated information, visit waterfire.org throughout the season.