The Providence International Arts Festival will take place on June 11-14, 2015. Building off of Providence’s international recognition as a creative city, this first-ever signature event will be a jaw-dropping celebration featuring world-class arts, sculpture, music, food and spectacle in the heart of the city’s downtown. The centerpiece of Festival activities is Saturday, June 13th with events beginning on Kennedy Plaza at 4pm.
- Schedule at a glance
- Festival map
- Street closures, traffic info and parking plan
- RIPTA detour info and temporary bus stop map
- Extended festival schedule
- Visitors guide
- Press release
From the largest stringed instrument on the planet, to the undisputed Queen of African Music, to the Grammy Award-winning ambassador of Mali, to visual transformations of city streets with murals, tape art, and photography, the Providence International Arts Festival will light up Rhode Island’s capital city over four days, and engage a diverse international audience. Come join the fun, visit: pvdfestival.com.
Parking info: Check parkdowntownprovidence.com for information and maps. Parking away from downtown and walking to the festival area is also recommended for those hoping to avoid traffic.
Street closures: On Saturday, June 13th the following streets will be closed:
- Washington Street between Empire and Memorial Blvd.
- Fulton Street between Dorrance Street and Memorial Blvd.
- Dorrance Street between Fountain Street and Fulton
- Exchange Street from Westminster to Washington
- Eddy Street from Weybosset to Washington
- Union Street from Weybosset to Washington
- Adrian Hall Way from Washington to Fountain
RIPTA: Bus service will continue on the regular weekend schedule, but RIPTA bus routes will have temporary detours. Check ripta.com for updated information about bus stop locations during the festival.