WaterFire is celebrating 20 years of creative placemaking in Providence! This award-winning sculpture combines the sounds of enchanting music with the sights and smells of sparkling bonfires along three rivers.
This season, experience 10 full installations, lighting more than 80 braziers from Waterplace Park to Memorial Park. Lightings begin shortly after sunset and continue past midnight.
- Saturday, May 23rd (8:06 PM)
- Saturday, June 13th (8:21 PM)
- Saturday, July 18th (8:18 PM)
- Saturday, August 1st (8:05 PM)
- Saturday, August 15th (7:47 PM)
- Saturday, August 29th (7:26 PM)
- Saturday, September 12th (7:02 PM)
- Saturday, September 26th (6:38 PM)
- Saturday, October 3rd (6:26 PM)
- Saturday, November 7th (4:34 PM)
In addition, three partial fire events are scheduled. The season kicks off with a partial lighting, including all brasiers from Providence Place to Steeple Street, on Saturday, May 16th. Basin lightings are scheduled on Friday, May 29th and Tuesday, July 14th, featuring 22 braziers within the Waterplace Park basin and 12 braziers leading to Providence Place.
Print a copy of the schedule, and check the website often for updates. For the latest news, like WaterFire on Facebook and follow WaterFire on Twitter. Looking for other activities while you’re in town? Visit Ignite Providence.