City of Providence
- Mayor Elorza has issued a citywide parking ban starting at 7 PM tonight, January 26th, until further notice. Any vehicles parked on the street will be ticketed and towed to ensure that roads can be plowed. (Note: LAZ Parking is offering students $10 overnight parking at Providence Place).
- Starting at noon today, the Providence Emergency Management Agency (PEMA) will activate the city’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC), which will be staffed around the clock. Providence residents may call a snow hotline, beginning at noon: (401) 680-8080.
If you experience a power outage, contact National Grid at (800) 322-3223. Report downed lines to National Grid or PEMA, and do not touch them!
Call 911 in the event of an emergency, but be advised that response times may be delayed during the storm.
- RIPTA service will be suspended starting at 5 AM on Tuesday, January 27th.
- MBTA has cancelled all service on Tuesday, January 27th.
- Peter Pan bus service has been cancelled on Monday, January 26th and Tuesday, January 27th.
Community & school info
- The RI Broadcasters Association lists school and business closings.
- RISD has cancelled classes beginning at 6 PM on Monday, January 26th through Tuesday. Continuing ed classes are cancelled beginning at 5 PM.
- Brown University will be closed and has cancelled classes on Tuesday.
- Providence Place will close at 7 PM on Monday, January 26th. Check the website or Facebook page for updated info.
- The Alex + Ani City Center will be open for skating until 2 PM on Monday, with plans to close on Tuesday and part of Wednesday.
- Visit friars.com for information about the postponement of the Providence College basketball game vs. DePaul at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center until Thursday.
To make sure that all sidewalks are passable, DID Clean Team members will shovel pedestrian crossings at medians and handicap accessible cut-outs on sidewalks. We expect property owners to do their part by shoveling the sidewalks in front of their buildings too!