NecronomiCon Providence wants to engage the entire Providence community in its celebration of H.P. Lovecraft! Throughout the next week and a half, you’re invited to join academics, writers, artists, and other Lovecraft enthusiasts in a variety of activities.
• Check out 18 blocks of feature length films and short productions, all open to the public! Most movies will be shown at the Black Box Theater (95 Empire) and RISD Auditorium (7 Canal Walk).
• Dress up in costume for the Eldritch Ball on Friday night, August 23rd at 9 PM in the Grand Ballroom at the Biltmore! Limited tickets are available to the general public for $20/advance and $25/door.
• Take a walking tour, guided by the Rhode Island Historical Society. Tours start at 11 AM at the John Brown House on Saturday, August 17th; Tuesday, August 20th; and Thursday, August 22nd.
• Listen to live music at Lupo’s! International acts Neurosis and Lustmord are pairing up for a concert at one of Lovecraft’s favorite venues, the former Strand theater, on Saturday, August 24th. Doors open at 5 PM, and tickets are $28.50.
• Experience a themed WaterFire on Saturday night, August 24th! Take in a FREE outdoor concert on Steeple Street, featuring the Big Nazo Band, Darkest of the Hillside Thickets, The Difference Engine, and more.
Click here for information about other public events planned throughout the special city that Lovecraft honored and immortalized!