What a weekend! The city has been working nonstop to clear streets and make them safe for travel. The city parking ban will be lifted at noon on Monday, February 11th. The city is also delaying garbage and recycling pick-up by one day throughout the week.
- RIPTA will reinstate service on Monday, February 11th. The Kennedy Plaza intermodal center and its ticket windows will be open.
- MBTA commuter rail service will return to its regular schedule on Monday, February 11th.
- Limited Amtrak service was restored on Sunday, February 10th.
- Providence public schools are closed on Monday, February 11th.
- RISD classes and operations resume on Monday, with the exception of continuing ed classes.
- Brown University is also preparing for normal operations on Monday.
- Johnson & Wales has cancelled classes on Monday, but expects essential personnel to report to work. Libraries and fitness centers will be open.
- At PPAC, performances of American Idiot will go on at 6:30 PM on Sunday, February 10th and 7 PM on Monday, February 11th.
- The Bank of America skating center will be closed on Monday, February 11th. For more information, call: (401) 331-5544 x4.
- The Providence Bruins game vs. the Portland Pirates, originally planned for Friday night, has been rescheduled for Monday, Feb. 11th at 7:05 PM.
- Providence Place opened for regular business hours (12-6) on Sunday, February 10th.
If you have cabin fever, be careful when you venture out! Thanks to downtown businesses that were open this weekend: Providence Coal Fire Pizza, Murphy’s Deli, tazza caffe, the Eddy, Craftland, Symposium Books, Starbucks at the Biltmore, and more!