It may be tempting to shut off your alarm and sleep your way through winter break. But once you’re feeling well rested, start making some plans to come downtown!
- Go ice skating at the Bank of America City Center. The rink has special holiday hours on Christmas Eve (10am -6pm), Christmas Day (4pm-10pm), New Year’s Eve (10am-1am) and New Year’s Day (10am-10pm).
- Buy tickets for Disney on Ice: Treasure Trove at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center, with daytime and evening shows scheduled between December 27th and 30th.
- Don’t miss your chance to see The How and the Why at Trinity Rep, playing through December 30th.
- Grab a good book to carry you through the week. Find great reads downtown at the Providence Public Library, Cellar Stories Books, and Symposium Books.
- Experience one of several 3-D movies at Providence Place. Eat some popcorn, put on your special glasses, and enjoy Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away, Life of Pi, or The Hobbit.
- Keep shopping! Now that you’re done buying presents for others, it’s time to pamper yourself.
- Relieve post-holiday stress at the Spa at the Providence Biltmore. Whether you choose a massage, facial, pedicure, or half-day package, you’ll leave feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.
- At 6pm on New Year’s Eve, check out the Coffee Cup Indoor Auto Racing at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center, and celebrate at Bright Night throughout the day!
Don’t forget that on-street parking is free for 2 hours from 10 am to 6 pm through January 1st. For more ideas, visit goprovidence.com.