This weekend, Providence is celebrating its recognition as a “Playful City USA” by KaBOOM!, a non-profit that creates great playspaces in communities throughout the country. The Playful Providence festivities kick off in Burnside Park from 4:30–6:30 PM on Friday, September 7th, and will be followed by events in 21 neighborhood parks (and 6 other venues) on Saturday and Sunday. Don’t miss:
- Musical performances by Girls Rock! RI alums, members of Super Chief Trio, and the Brown University Marching Band.
- Parkour demonstration by Parkour Rhode Island.
- Providence Children’s Museum’s Imagination Playground.
- Interactive exploratory activities with the Rhode Island Museum of Science and Art.
- Girls Rock! RI with music demos and lessons.
- “Avenue Sandwich” Skateboarding in the rink.
- Grand finale performance of summer-long Kidoinfo Art in the Park program: Providence and the Purple Crayon, with a surprise final art project.
- Guest appearance by Mayor Angel Taveras and a proclamation of play.
- and the best of Providence food trucks serving dinner.
Find more details on Facebook, and then put your phones and computers away. It’s play time!